Our Mission, Vision, and Values
On the Boards invests in leading contemporary performing artists near and far, and connects them to a diverse range of communities interested in forward-thinking art and ideas.
We believe if we are successful in our work that we can grow our field, enrich peoples' lives, and contribute to civic and global dialogues.
- artistic risks while being fiscally responsible;
- leadership in our field and the multiple communities we serve to strategically advance the role contemporary artists play in society;
- racial and social equity, and accountability;
- provocative art as a vehicle to connect people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
- our regional creative community as we engage with international artists and peers;
- professional and transparent management.
On the Boards acknowledges that we work on the unceded ancestral home of the Duwamish and many other Indigenous peoples, recorded and unrecorded, who have been the custodians of this land since time immemorial. As settlers on this land, we extend our deepest gratitude and respect to Indigenous people past, present, and future.
On the Boards is exploring ways to better align our practices with Coast Salish protocol. Part of our understanding of the protocol is making material gifts to the Indigenous peoples of this land as a way of recognizing their historic and present dedication to the well-being of the territory and all beings who make a home here.
We encourage you to donate online at www.realrentduwamish.org
This acknowledgment does not take the place of authentic relationships with Indigenous communities but serves as a first step in honoring the land we occupy.
To learn more about land acknowledgments: https://nativegov.org/a-guide-to-indigenous-land-acknowledgment/